Woman: I was harassed by bus drivers

PETALING JAYA: Monday March 11, 2013 -  A marketing manager claimed she was harassed by five bus drivers at the Bukit Jalil LRT station.

The 33-year-old woman said that she was waiting for a colleague in her car near the station on Friday when a RapidKL bus pulled up behind her and started honking.

“I moved forward, but the driver continued honking and came closer until I was wedged between two buses.

“A middle-aged man wearing a RapidKL uniform began banging on my window and shouting,” she said, adding that she pulled out of the lane but the honking continued.

The woman then parked her car a short distance away and walked towards the bus to get the driver's name.

“Suddenly, five men in RapidKL uniform, including the man who hit my window earlier, surrounded me and began shouting expletives and moving suggestively.

“The middle-aged man started pushing himself close to me as his friends cheered him on.

“One of them slapped me on my left cheek when I tried to defend myself,” she said, adding that she took out her phone to photograph them.

Luckily, her colleague arrived and they quickly ran to her car.

“I was literally shaking, and had to stop for a few minutes to calm down,” she said.

Her traumatic experience was made worse as no one responded to her cries for help, although she said at least 10 people had witnessed the harassment.

The victim, accompanied by her husband, lodged a report at the Subang Jaya police station later that day, which was forwarded to the Cheras district police station.

Cheras OCPD ACP Mohan Singh confirmed receiving the report, and said that the case was being investigated under Section 323 and Section 509 of the Penal Code for voluntarily causing hurt and for outrage of modesty.

A spokesman from RapidKL said they will co-operate with the police on the matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment